Friday, October 26, 2012

Wedding Cake & Weekend Plans

We finally decided on our wedding cake!  We are having Sue, from Cakes and Crafts By Sue do our cake.  She is a super sweet lady who is very passionate about her cakes, has very reasonable prices, and of course yummy cakes!  If you're planning a wedding or any other event that you might need a cake for, check her out!

We aren't going to do the typical tiered wedding cake.  We will have several different size round cakes all spread out on different "pillars."  I'm excited to do something a little different with the cake.  I have an idea of how I want it to be decorated, but not exactly....luckily I have lots of time to figure that out!

I think that is the last BIG thing we had to check off our list.  Now it's getting down to all of the details.  I'm hoping to finish the guest list this weekend so I can order save the dates and get those mailed out before the busy Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons start.

Weekend Plans:  Maybe raking the yard, AGAIN.  We raked the back yard last Saturday and it now looks like this:


Everyone says to get a leaf blower, which we probably will eventually, but I really don't mind raking.  It's a good work out.  And with Kevin and I both raking, it doesn't really take that long because our yard is not huge.

Tonight we are going to an engagement party for some friends, so that should be fun.  Kevin and I haven't gone "out" together in a long time, so I'm excited!

This weekend I also want to organize the office so that we can actually start working in there.  I really hope to get that entire room done this weekend.

We also need to carve our pumpkins this weekend.  They do look cute sitting on our front porch, but we need to get them carved before Halloween...I'm craving some pumpkin seeds!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Raking: I never thought I would miss raking...but we moved into a new construction neighborhood, and the trees are all SOOOOO small. I miss big trees!!!!
    I love your outlook on the raking!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sore from raking and we are far from done, but we got a lot of it done on Sunday. I love the "work out" I get from raking and the feeling of accomplishment when it's done and the yard look so nice!

      Delete