Monday, January 28, 2013

Birchbox v. Glam Bag

You've probably seen one of my posts about my monthly Birchbox.  I've been receiving Birchboxes for about six months now, and I've always been happy with them.  I recently heard about something called Glam Bag from Ipsy.  It's the same concept and price as Birchbox, and I've heard people say they really like it, so I thought I'd try it out.  I received my first Glam Bag a couple weeks ago and I LOVED it!  Great samples, and big sized samples too.


Comparing my January Birchbox and Glam Bag, I would say I liked my Glam Bag better than my Birchbox this month.  I think I received bigger and better samples in my Glam Bag.  On Ipsy's website, you can see past glam bag's, and when I compared those to my past Birchboxes (here, here, here, and here) I felt like the samples in the Glam Bags were better, so I decided to cancel my subscription to Birchbox and just receive Glam Bag.

Here are a few of the differences I've noticed between the two:

- Birchbox gives you points for various things such as referring friends, posting reviews of products, and buying products.  You can redeem the points for $$ to spend on Birchbox's website.  From what I can tell, Glambag does not do anything like this.

- When you sign up for Birchbox and Glambag, you fill out a short survey/profile about yourself.  Birchbox tries to send you samples that fit your likes, skin type, etc.  It seems like all Glambags are the same (for the most part), so they aren't necessarily created to your specific profile.

- Birchbox comes in a box each month and Glambags come in a little makeup bag each month.

Overall, I think it's just personal preference about which one is better.  For me, I decided on Glambag, although I've always been happy with Birchbox too.

Do you subscribe to Birchbox or Glambag?  What do you think?  Do you subscribe to anything else like these?

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying out Sample Society I got my first box in January but Glambags seems pretty neat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Sample Society. I'd love to hear what you think of it!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I have never heard of Glam Box bit it sounds awesome. I've been a loyal birchbox fan for over a year and really enjoy getting them. I think I will have to try Glam Box out though. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete