Thursday, April 11, 2013

Firsts

I saw this on Carolyn's blog the other day and thought it was fun, so I decided to do it too!  I hope you enjoying learning about some of my firsts...and feel free to play along and do this on your blog.  I love learning new things about other bloggers :)

FIRST thing I do in the morning... let the dog out, shower, eat breakfast.

FIRST thing I do when I get home from work... let the dog out, and then if we don't have plans, I change in to sweats ASAP...soooo comfy!

My FIRST kiss... I think I was in first grade, and I was getting a drink out of the drinking fountain, and a boy came up and kissed my cheek.


My FIRST home... I lived in the same house for the first 22 years of my life and my parents still live there today.  I'm currently in my first home that I own (with my fiance) and I love being in our own first house!




My FIRST car... When I first got my license, I drove my mom's van around (when she wasn't using it).  Then I got my Dad's Chevy Lumina.  I bought my first car when I was 19 and I'm still driving it today (6 years later).

My FIRST accident traffic violation... Knock on wood, I've never gotten a ticket!  I did get pulled over once for "running a red light" but didn't get a ticket for it.

The FIRST thing I wanted to be when I grew up... hmmm I'm not really sure. I remember wanting to be a figure skater.  I would wear my hair in a perfect bun like Tara Lapinski used to.



FIRST drink of choice...  I love milk.  I drink it for breakfast every morning.  I also love Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke.  Alcohol wise, my drink of choice is Bud Light.

FIRST dessert of choice... Probably anything chocolate or mint...or mint chocolate is even better!  I also love cheesecake and carrot cake.

FIRST choice restaurant... I love Olive Garden.  Kevin and I went there on our first "official" date.  We don't really go to a lot fancy places for dinner, but I do like P.F. Chang's and Bonefish Grill.

FIRST song that comes to mind... I have "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake stuck in my head right now.  Love that song!  And JT of course :)



FIRST major purchase... My car.  It's a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am.  I bought it when I was 19 and I am still extremely proud of myself for buying it all on my own and paying it off two years early!  I'm ready for a new vehicle, but not having a car payment is pretty awesome.

FIRST job... Babysitting was my first paying job.  My mom used to clean houses for extra money on the side, and my sister and I would go with her sometimes and she would pay us to help her.  We usually ended up watching movies or doing puzzles though ;)

FIRST time I flew... I can't remember the very first time I flew, but we used to fly quite a bit when I was younger to go see my family in Louisiana and Texas.  It's been several years now since I've flown though.

FIRST "big girl" job... My first "big girl" job was actually right out of high school.  I started working part-time as a secretary for a local municipality.  Working in government was interesting and I learned a lot there!  I worked there part-time all through college and then I worked there full-time for about a year before I started the job I'm in now.

I can't wait to read about all of your firsts!  Let me know if you do this!

-Ericka

1 comment: