Friday, September 20, 2013

My First 5k

I signed up for my first 5k!  It's October 26.  I'm pretty excited!  I've never done a race before and I've been wanting to run more, so I'm hoping this gives me the motivation to keep at it.  My goal is to run the entire time and not walk.  I'm not worried about time, just completing it will make me happy.

In order to prepare, I've been using the C25Kfree app on my phone for the past couple of weeks and I love it.  It's super easy to use and has a great plan to help beginners like me.


I'm also going to start doing little things...they may be small, but they can't hurt!  I'm going to start taking the stairs more at work instead of using the elevator.  I'm also going to try and make smarter/healthier eating choices.  I stopped drinking pop a couple of months ago, so now I need to make better choices when it comes to my food.  I know I won't be perfect, but I'm going to try to be a little better.

I'm a little more motivated to run now that I get to wear my new Adidas running shoes that I got from the outlet mall a couple weeks ago.  I fell in love with the colors as soon as I saw them, and they are super light and have been great for running so far!


Do any of you runners have any tips for beginner runners?

4 comments:

  1. One day I will sign myself up for a 5K too! That is something I've always wanted to try. Good luck training for it :) And I love your new running shoes, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I did a 5k in July and it was amazing! If your race is in the morning, wake up several hours before. While we were training we would usually go at night and then once we ran in the morning right after waking up and it was way harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! I started running to loose the baby weight and became addicted! I ran a 5k a few months ago and in a few weeks I'm doing the KC marathon relay team! Its so fun, and the adrenaline of race day always makes it seem easier.

    Thanks for co-hosting the Bloggers Digest with me!! :)
    Amanda @ Happily Ever After
    http://karlshappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you! I have been trying to motivate myself to do this. I have done a 5K before but I have had to have bovine grafts done to tendons in my right ankle and I ended up gaining a ton of weight and my ankle is just not as strong as it once was.

    ReplyDelete