Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

I hope your Thanksgiving weekend was as good as mine!  I headed to my parents on Thanksgiving day to enjoy meal one of three for the day.  My family and Kevin's family live about an hour away from us, and they got a lot of snow through out the day--it was so pretty!  We enjoyed three meals that days (my parents, Kevin's dad's, Kevin's mom's) and were totally stuffed!



Kevin's mom's was the last meal of the day, and that's where all of the dogs were.  Admiral (our dog), Nugget & Nera (Kevin's brother's dogs), and Callie & Diego (Kevin's mom's dogs).  While Kevin's mom was putting away all the leftovers, the dogs were hoping that some would get dropped on the floor for them!


My mom and I decided to go Black Friday shopping on Thursday night.  This was the first year we've ever gone out on Thursday night, we usually always wait until Friday morning.  We headed out around 10:30 p.m. and went to Target, Old Navy, Kohls, Younkers, Sears, Victoria's Secret, and JC Penny.  We really didn't have any issues at any of the stores.  There were barely even any lines at the check outs!  I got a few things for myself and a few Christmas presents, so I felt like it was pretty successful.

We got home at around 3:00 a.m. and went straight to bed.  When we got up on Friday, we looked at the ads again and decided we wanted to go to a few more places.  So we got ready and headed back out around 10:30 a.m.  We went to K-Mart (awful) and Meijer.  We picked up a few more things before heading home.  

I came home late Friday afternoon so I could get some things done at home...like put up our Christmas tree and decorations!  I got the tree up and decorated and decorated the house.  I'm really happy with how it looks this year and I can't wait to share it all, but here's a sneak peak for now!


Sunday was spent doing laundry, cleaning, and watching football.  I did make some yummy breakfast muffins using Katie's recipe and they turned out delicious! And healthy, even better!  I filled mine with eggs, sausage, green pepper, and onion.


I'm not looking forward to actually working a full five days this week, but I know that Christmas break will be here before I know it!  Happy Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not ready for work either this week! Sometimes it's so hard going back!! Buttt ou well. I didn't go Black Friday shopping this year it was the first in a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three meals? Nice!!! And I love the picture with all the puppies begging for left overs, hehe!

    ReplyDelete