Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Liebster Award

I want to thank Melanie from Melanie Gets Married for nominating me for a Liebster Award!  I have been reading Melanie's blog for awhile now and you all have to go check it out!  I love her decorating style and she has done some amazing projects.  Her recent home office reveal has me drooling and wanting to make mine over ASAP.  Thanks again Melanie for nominating me!


If you are new here, this is a great way to get to know a little more about me.  I was nominated and completed this about 1.5 years ago (read it HERE), but I thought it'd be fun to do again.  And make sure you check out the blogs I've nominated below.

The Liebster Award is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger as a "keep it going" award.  It's for bloggers with under 200 followers and is meant to encourage bloggers to keep blogging!  All nominated bloggers answer the questions from the person who gave them the award, and then they get to nominate their favorite blogs (with under 200 followers) and ask them questions.

1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I was recently engaged and my fiance and I were in the process of buying our first house.  I wanted to keep friends and family (near and far) up to date with wedding and house stuff, and keep a journal for me to look back at.  I loved blogging and decided to keep it going after the house was bought and the wedding was done!

2) What is your favorite project that you have made since blogging, or what is your favorite blog post? Leave a link so we can check it out!
I think my favorite project that I've created was our wedding card box.  I couldn't find any that I loved, so I decided to make my own and I LOVED the way it turned out.  You can read all about it HERE.


3) What is your favorite room in your home?
Right now, my favorite "room" is our backyard/deck area.  I love spending time outside reading in the sun, playing with Admiral (our dog), or just hanging out.  But since that's not really a room, I'd guess I'd say our living room.  It's far from done or even being close to what I want it to be, but it's where we spend most of our time.


4) What is your favorite holiday? Why? Feel free to tell us about some of your traditions for that holiday.
My favorite holiday is Christmas.  I love everything about the holiday season...except maybe all the craziness and stress that comes with it haha.  I love decorating our house for winter/Christmas and spending lots of time with family.


5) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Somewhere on a beach. Give a quiet sandy beach and I am one happy girl!  I swear I could sit on the beach and read/sleep all day every day!

6) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still happily married to my husband, and probably one or two kids at that point.  I don't know if we will still be in the same house or not....that will be interesting to see.

7)  What is something you would like to learn to do really well?
I would LOVE to learn photography.  I don't need to be a pro, but I really want to be able to take some decent photos, not only for my blog, but just for life.  Especially when we have kids someday, I'd love to be able to capture some decent photos.  I think I need to get myself a DSLR camera first!

8) What are some of your favorite books you've read lately?
I JUST started reading Lone Survivor and although I'm not far in it yet, I know I'm going to like it.  I haven't seen the movie because I wanted to read the book first.

9) What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
I love buying things for our house, which is what I typically spend any extra income on.  However, my closet could really use an update, so right now I'd really love to go on a clothing shopping spree!  I've also really gotten into exercise and fitness, so I'd like to buy some fun new workout clothes too.

10) What are three of your favorite online shopping websites?
Amazon, GroopDealz, and Jane.  Getting the daily deal emails from GroopDealz and Jane is dangerous, but so much fun!

11) What inspires you?
Seeing people overcome challenges.  I have family/friends/acquaintances that I see overcoming things such as cancer, being blind, ALS, etc.  It makes me realize that my "problems" really aren't an issue and it inspires me to be a better person and work harder.  The fact that these people are doing things and living great lives means that I can too.

The blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award are:

Here are my 11 questions for them:
1.  Why did you start blogging?
2.  Where did your blog name come from/what does it mean?
3.  What is one of your favorite blog posts or projects?
4.  What is your favorite movie?
5.  Do you have a favorite TV show/series that you love?
6.  If you never had to work again, and money wasn't an issue, what would you do all day?
7.  If you could pick one celebrity to hang out with for the day, who would it be and why?
8.  What is your favorite holiday or season?
9.  Do you have any pets?
10.  What are your pet peeves?
11.  What is something you are looking forward to in the next year?



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination girl! I actually have a similar post in my drafts that I'm going to try to incorporate this with and post this week! I'm with you, I'd love to learn photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks so much for nominating me! I loved reading this - that wedding card box was gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I had so much fun reading this! I have also been very interested in photography. I actually just recently purchased a DSLR camera. Even though I have yet to leave auto mode, I am still noticing a huge difference in my pictures. Now if only I could use it in manual.

    I spend way too much money on home decor and not enough on clothes as well! It's just that I always have a uniform for work and want to come home and throw on yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete