Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What Kind of Sleeper Are You?

When I came across Casper (they make mattresses that ship right to your door in the box the size of a mini-fridge--how cool is that?), I thought it might be kind of fun to share about my night time rituals.

My husband doesn't understand why it takes me so long to get ready for bed…am I the only one that has a routine I go through every night?  When I’m ready to go to bed, these are the things I have to do before I actually get in bed:

Take out my contacts
Wash my face/remove my makeup
Brush my teeth
Put in my bite guard (I clinch my teeth at night and my guard/retainer is soooo nice—I don’t wake up with headaches or jaw aches when I wear it)
Change in to my PJs
Set my alarm
Plug my phone in

After all of that, I am finally ready to lay down.  My husband on the other hand, just comes to bed.  No routine for him.  Must be nice.  If I don’t do all of those things, I can’t sleep as well.  It’s weird.  And now that I have to be to work at 7:30 am (yes, I'm still complaining about how early that is), getting a good night's sleep is super important to me.  Casper's blog has some great tips for making sure you get a good night's sleep.  You can check those out HERE.

This all got me thinking…once you are in bed, what kind of sleeper are you?  Does your pet sleep with you?  Do you use one pillow?  Two?  None?  I usually sleep on my side or my back.  And I only use one pillow, if at all.

Admiral sleeps in bed with us pretty much every night.  I know some people are totally against it, but when we first got him, he slept in a crate at night.  When he was about a year old, we stopped with the crate and I really tried to get him to sleep in bed when me, but he wouldn't.  I just wanted to cuddle with him :)  Then, when he was about two years old, he slept in bed one night with us and has never looked back!  He doesn't shed, so I don’t have to worry about my bed being full of dog hair.  The only problem is…he is a total bed hog and has no idea what personal space is.  Just a couple examples:




See what I mean?  He does not care how much room Kevin and I have.  If he is comfy, that's all he cares about.  We definitely stay warm with me, Kevin, and Admiral all cuddled in a queen size bed! ha!  


Since Admiral sleeps in bed with us, I'm a mix between The Cat Napper (well actually dog napper) and iSleeper.  I check my phone before I go to bed and when I wake up.  It's a habit now.

What is your nightly routine?  Is there something you HAVE to do every night before you can sleep?  What kind of sleeper are you?


2 comments:

  1. It's pretty much the same in our house. I have to brush my teeth, wash my face, pick out my shirt for the following day, set my alarm, and plug in my phone before I get in bed. Oh, and I have to use the bathroom even if I'd just gone. Jake just gets into bed and he's ready to sleep. We let Ringo and Abby lay with us while we are watching TV or reading, but kick them off once we are ready to sleep. Of course they both sneak back onto the bed in the middle of the night and I usually wake up with one of them trying to share my pillow. Good thing we have a king bed because they are both bed hogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post Ericka! I'm totally a cat napper (dog version) and bed hog :) When Michael is home from work we don't let the dogs sleep in bed with us because there's just no room. The pictures of Admiral cuddling with you guys is too cute :) He looks like such a big baby!

    ReplyDelete