Wednesday, October 19, 2016

13.1

If you've been a blog reader or Instagram follower for a while, you know that I started a few years ago. I've done a lot of 5K races over the past few years, and last fall I finally beat my goal of running a 5K in under 30 minutes. I decided to come up with a new goal, so I ran my first 10K this Spring. I decided that I wanted to do more, so I signed up for a 10 mile race, which I completed in September. I'm kind of addicted. I never in my life imagined I could (or would even attempt to) run 10 miles. And I did it. And it honestly wasn't that bad. I'm not fast by any means, but I ran the whole time. 

I figured if I could train enough to run 10 miles, what's 3.1 more? So I got crazy and I signed up for a half-marathon. 13.1 miles. Who am I?!?


The race is this weekend on Mackinac Island. Kevin and I decided to make a mini-vacation out of it and are headed up early to spend a few days away. There's also a 5.7 mile race happening on the island at the same time as the half-marathon, so Kevin is going to run that race. I'm so proud of him for getting in to running...and he is killing it!

This will be the furthest I have ever run in my life, so if you want to send any positive vibes my way for this race, I'll take all I can get :)

I'll post a full recap from our trip and the race next week, but be sure to follow along on Instagram this weekend to see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck this weekend! I love how you keep setting bigger and better goals for yourself, and what a great idea to make it into a little vaca :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this girl! I agree, running a half marathon is never something I saw myself doing and then I signed up for my first one and I kind of got addicted!

    ReplyDelete