Wednesday, August 9, 2017

New Blog Series

About seven weeks ago, Kevin and I "officially" started training for a marathon. The race is in October and we have nine weeks of training left to go. We had been running before we started this training, but not as often and definitely not as far. Since it feels like my life currently revolves around running, I thought I'd start a little running series on my blog. 

I'm definitely not a pro, but I've been running for several years now, and wanted to share everything I've learned so far. I'll share my story of how I got started running, how it's been going, and where I'm at now (you'll learn that I was definitely NOT a runner when I started). I'll follow up with posts about technology & apps, shoes/apparel, fuel/hydration, races, and everything in between.

I know not everyone is a runner, and not all of this will be focused on just running. A lot of it could be applied to many different types of exercise. I'll share playlists and songs that motivate me, what workout clothes I like best, other types of exercise I do besides running, and more. So if you're not a runner, you might still find some of the information interesting and useful.

I'll plan to do these running posts on Wednesdays, so look for the first post coming your way next week. And if you have any questions, ideas, thoughts, comments, etc. that might be helpful for this series, send them my way!

After my furthest run to date (25k = 15.5 miles).


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS. But you already know this! I actually just got myself a coach, Victoria Phillippi from Run4PRs...I've been following Hal Higdon's plan, but I lack accountability, so I'm hopeful this really helps! I'm really excited to follow you're training!

    ReplyDelete